This is a great Fall cocktail coupling cinnamon and apple cider flavors. Cocktail was inspired by Neil Young’s song by the same name.
• 1 oz. Boyd & Blair Potato Vodka
• 0.75 oz. Cinnamon Simple Syrup*
• 2 oz. local apple cider
• cinnamon stick and orange wheel for garnish
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1 cup sugar (white or demerara)
• 1 cup water
1. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan.
2. Add the sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
3. Reduce the heat and add the cinnamon stick.
4. Cover the pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and allow entire mixture to cool for at least one hour.
6. Remove cinnamon stick, pour syrup into a mason jar and refrigerate.
7. The syrup will keep for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
8. Add Boyd & Blair, cinnamon simple syrup and apple cider to a shaker filled with ice.
9. Shake and strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
10. Using a micro plane shave cinnamon on top of drink and garnish with cinnamon stick and orange wheel.